In August, the U.S. approved China National Chemical Corp.’s proposed $43 billion takeover of Swiss seed company Syngenta AG, overcoming domestic opposition on security grounds. Given the history of Chinese foreign acquisitions, one of the concerns remains the ability of ChemChina to raise the funds for the proposed purchase. In this note, we analyze several sources of capital and the political implications of the financing behind the deal.
- The John Batchelor Show PRC small business weaken as Xi fences with Trump.
- China’s Broken Infrastructure Model
- China bank survey: The return of shadow banking
- The John Batchelor Show Credit drying up in the PRC & What is to be done? Andrew Collier, Orient Capital Research. @GordonGChang @TheDailyBeast Nov 2
- China’s Belt and Road: Debt trap – for China?